So the other night I made Bruchetta Chicken from a recipe I got from Healthy Inspirations. I decided to share it with you all because it was really easy to make and very tasty! Also I know it doesn’t fall into the category of a super good snack or meal before working out but it is full of protein which is good for working out! So here’s what you need!
- 4 chicken breasts (I used the thin ones but you could always use the regular sized ones)
- 1/2 cup low fat sun-dried tomato vinaigrette dressing
- 2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon of basil (fresh or dried, if fresh use about 4 medium size leaves)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium fat free mozzarella cheese
First take the chicken breasts and marinate it in the sun-dried tomato vinaigrette for 10-minutes (I originally marinated it that long but I would suggest a lot longer, maybe a half hour or so). Grill the chicken till almost cooked or until just cooked through.
In a small bowl add the chopped tomatoes, basil and mozzarella cheese and stir together. ( I added a small amount of olive oil as well)
Next take the foil and put the chicken in it and put the tomato, basil and cheese mixture on top of the chicken. Close the foil up to form a little packet and place on the grill for 7 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked. Take the chicken out and serve!!
Here is a picture of mine, I served it with a salad and fresh green beans which I didn’t show.
Yummy! So there you go! I hope you guys try it, let me know what you think!