It’s finally Friday and I have a recipe for you all that I found on GoodHealth.com! It looks really good and I would make it in a heart beat! It’s included in a slideshow on the site that highlights late summer ingredients and how to use them!
Melon & Steak with Smoked Paprika Dressing
- 3/4 pound boneless sirloin steak, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium red onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1. Preheat a lightly oiled grill pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper; grill with onion, turning onion after about 4 minutes and steak after 7 minutes, until meat is medium-rare or to desired degree of doneness. Transfer meat and onion to a cutting board; let rest 5 minutes before slicing steak.
2. In a small bowl, combine honey, lime, olive oil, smoked paprika, and crushed red pepper; stir with a whisk. Set dressing aside.
3. Slice steak; arrange on platter with cantaloupe, onions, cilantro, and mint; drizzle with dressing.