I was checking the regular sites I check every morning when I come into work and on MSN I found a little article on Hidden Fast-Food Fixes. They show you that at some of your favorite places to grab a quick lunch they have smaller portions or different options you just need to ask for it! So I decided to share those with you so the next time you go to these food joints you can order a little smarter!
Subway: 6-inch chicken marinara sub
The meatball marinara sub tastes great, but costs you 580 calories and 23 grams of fat. If they use oven-roasted chicken instead of the meatballs, you save 260 calories and 19 grams of fat. Top with oregano and a few black olives. Jared would approve.
IHOP: Real fruit on top
Many of the menu’s pancakes and waffles come with fruit “toppings,” which are often preserved fruit swimming in a sauce of extra calories. You can do better, since there usually is fresh fruit in the kitchen. Order a short stack of buttermilk pancakes, and ask them to top it with whatever fruit is available.
Starbucks: A “short” drink
Upon request, your barista will serve you a “short” 8-ounce cup—which means big calorie savings. A grande white-chocolate mocha, for example, has 400 calories—the equivalent of about three Starbucks double fudge mini doughnuts. The short has half that amount.
Red Robin: The “petite” burger
This small burger was removed from the menu, but the kitchen still makes it—and it has about half the calories of the standard 931-calorie cheeseburger. If you’re embarrassed asking for a petite, just ask for the “smaller” size. They’ll understand.
Chipotle: Customized tacos
They’ll make combos that aren’t on the menu, so ask for three crispy tacos with black beans, fajita vegetables, tomato salsa, and lettuce. That saves you 615 calories and 28 grams of fat over a chicken burrito with black beans, rice, green salsa, cheese, and sour cream.
Then when I decided to go with this topic for the day I dug deeper and found a site that had a bunch of fast food places and listed three options, Gut Buster, Big Splurge or Waist Watcher!
Fast Food Restaurants
GUT BUSTER: Roast Turkey Ranch & Bacon Sandwich, 818 calories, 38 fat grams
BIG SPLURGE: Bacon Beef ‘n Cheddar Sandwich, 521 calories, 27 fat grams
WAIST WATCHER: Ham & Swiss Melt Sandwich, 268 calories, 5 fat grams
GUT BUSTER: Triple Whopper Sandwich with cheese, 1230 calories, 82 fat grams
BIG SPLURGE: BK Double Stacker, 610 calories, 39 fat grams
WAIST WATCHER: Tendergrill Chicken Garden Salad (no dressing), 240 calories, 9 fat grams
GUT BUSTER: Large Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard, 1320 calories, 52 fat grams
BIG SPLURGE: Large Chocolate Sundae, 580 calories, 15 fat grams
WAIST WATCHER: DQ Vanilla Soft Serve (1/2 cup), 150 calories, 5 fat grams
GUT BUSTER: Chicken and Biscuit Bowl, 870 calories, 44 fat grams
BIG SPLURGE: KFC Boneless Teriyaki Wings (5), 500 calories, 21 fat grams
WAIST WATCHER: KFC Original Chicken Breast (without skin or breading), 140 calories, 2 fat grams
GUT BUSTER: Double Quarter Pounder with cheese, 740 calories, 42 fat grams
BIG SPLURGE: Big Mac, 540 calories, 29 fat grams
WAIST WATCHER: Premium Caesar Salad with grilled chicken (no dressing), 220 calories, 6 fat grams
GUT BUSTER: 6-inch Meat Lover’s Personal Pan Pizza, 890 calories, 49 fat grams
BIG SPLURGE: 6-inch Supreme Personal Pan Pizza, 710 calories, 34 fat grams
WAIST WATCHER: 6-inch Veggie Lover’s Personal Pan Pizza, 560 calories, 22 fat grams
GUT BUSTER: (It’s a tie!!) Super Sonic Cheeseburger (with mayo) or Fritos Chili Pie, 980 calories, 64 fat grams
BIG SPLURGE: Bacon Cheeseburger Toaster Sandwich, 670 calories, 39 fat grams
WAIST WATCHER: Grilled Chicken Wrap, 380 calories, 11 fat grams
GUT BUSTER: Fiesta Taco Salad, 840 calories, 45 fat grams
BIG SPLURGE: 7-Layer Burrito, 490 calories, 18 fat grams
WAIST WATCHER: Fresco Crunchy Taco, 150 calories, 8 fat grams
GUT BUSTER: Triple with everything and cheese, 980 calories, 60 fat grams
BIG SPLURGE: Spicy Chicken Fillet Sandwich, 440 calories, 16 fat grams
WAIST WATCHER: Mandarin Chicken Salad (no dressing), 170 calories, 2.5 fat grams
GUT BUSTER: Double Cheeseburger, 285 calories, 18 fat grams
BIG SPLURGE: Chicken Sandwich, 190 calories, 8 fat grams
WAIST WATCHER: Hamburger, 135 calories, 7 fat grams
• Arby’s/T.J. Cinnamons Pecan Sticky Bun 4-pack: 2751 calories, 90 fat grams
• White Castle Breakfast Sandwich: 340 calories, 25 fat grams
• Sonic Sausage, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Toaster: 620 calories, 42 fat grams
• McDonald’s Deluxe Breakfast (large, with no syrup and margarine): 1140 calories, 59 fat grams
• Burger King Enormous Omelet Sandwich: 730 calories, 45 fat grams
• Arby’s Sausage Gravy Biscuit: 961 calories, 68 fat grams
• Dairy Queen 1/4 pound Flamethrower Grillburger: 840 calories, 59 fat grams
• McDonald’s Chocolate Triple Thick Shake (32 oz.): 1160 calories, 27 fat grams
• Taco Bell Nachos Bell Grande: 770 calories, 44 fat grams
• Burger King Tendercrisp Chicken Sandwich: 790 calories, 44 fat grams
• Sonic 4-piece Chicken Strip Dinner: 930 calories, 43 fat grams
• Arby’s Martha’s Vineyard Salad (no dressing): 277 calories, 8 fat grams
• Burger King Whopper Jr. (no mayo): 330 calories, 16 fat grams
• Dairy Queen Grilled Chicken Sandwich: 400 calories, 16 fat grams
• KFC Tender Roast Sandwich (no sauce): 300 calories, 4.5 fat grams
• McDonald’s Fruit ‘n Yogurt Parfait: 160 calories, 2 fat grams
• Sonic Grilled Chicken Salad (no dressing): 310 calories, 13 fat grams
• KFC Original Chicken Breast (with no skin): 140 calories, 2 fat grams
Starbad or Stargood?
• Starbucks Iced White Chocolate Mocha (grande with no whipped cream): 340 calories, 9 fat grams
• Starbucks Caffe´ Latte (grande): 190 calories, 7 fat grams
• Starbucks Skinny Vanilla Latte (grande): 130 calories, 0 fat grams
• Starbucks Caramel Frappucino Blended Coffee (grande with whipped cream): 380 calories, 15 fat grams
• Starbucks Mocha Frappucino Light Blended Coffee (grande with no whipped cream): 140 calories, 1 fat gram
• Starbucks Espresso (Solo): 5 calories, 0 fat grams
So today when you go for lunch keep in mind some of these things!