So apparently today is World Pasta Day.. So I am giving you all a recipe I found on Fitness.com that is a healthy pasta dish!
Dinner in 20: Pasta Rosa Verde
Makes: 4 servings
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 8 ounces whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-6 medium tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 3 cups arugula, watercress and/or spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons crumbled
- Gorgonzola or other blue cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the onion and garlic until the onion is tender. Stir in the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and red pepper, if using. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes, until the tomatoes are warm. Mix in the arugula, watercress, or spinach and heat until just wilted.
- Spoon the pasta into bowls and top with the tomato mixture. Sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts and cheese.
Nutrition facts per serving: 362 calories, 12g protein, 55g carbohydrate, 12g fat (2g saturated), 5g fiber